Carl Frithiof Landelius & Trissie Martin
Trissie Maude Martin (18/8 1876 – 1/4 1954) (m. 19/1 1895? in Harris, Arizona)
3 children – Founders of the C1c branch
Carl stays with his parents in their small and poor cottage Björnkullen in Swedish Rök while they are alive. Afterwards he is in service at Lundby in Väderstad parish. After a year there he moves to Ullevi Mellangård in Järstad parish, but 1886 he decides to emigrate to America, where he is naturalised in 1913.
About 1907 they move to Winslowicon-map-marker in the beautiful wooded hills south of Fayetteville. Before 1920 they acquire a farm in nearby Pitkin, Lees Creek Townshipicon-map-marker. He has never been to school in his life, but his wife has had five years of tuition. Their son Gilbert works on the farm as a farm labourer in 1920.
They have 3 children.
- 1. Alvia le Roy Landelius (2/12 1896 – 1980)
- Myrtle Bertha Craig icon-play
- 2. Oren Gilbert Landelius (30/7 1899 – 24/6 1989)
- Cleo Smith
- 3. Beulah B. Landelius (1903 – after 1974)
- Andrew A. Smith
Gilbert and Beulah marry two siblings who run a neighbouring farm together in Lees Creek.
A newspaper article about the couple in honour of their 51 years’ wedding anniversary in 1947 (someone probably forgot them the previous year…) tells us that he arrived in America as a 1-year-old, which is of course complete nonsense, so initially there seemed to be a bit of uncertainty as to his identity here. Also, the journalist calls his wife Crissa. However, they really are the right couple, so the journalist has committed several errors.
Mr. and Mrs. Carl F. Landelius of Route 1, Winslow, will have been married 51 years Sunday. They have lived near Winslow for about 40 years, having married in the Harris community January 19, 1895. She was the former Miss Crissa Martin, a native of Illinois. Mr. Landelius was born in Sweden, but came to the United States when he was one year old. They have three children, Roy and Gilbert, who live near the home, and Mrs. Beulah Smith of near Springdale. They have 11 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren.
For proof that they really are the right couple see the 1920 census which states that he immigrated 1886, was naturalised 1913, and lives in Lees Creek with his wife Trissie and the children Gilbert and Bulah.
- name (others’ spellings): Carl Frithiof (1866-1881); Karl Frithiof (1876-1880); Carl Frithiof Landelius (1882-1883); Dr. Carl Frithjof Landelius (1883-1886); Carl Landelius (1920); Carl F. Landelius (1940-1949)
- name (others’ spellings): Trissie Landelius (1920); Tressia M. Landelius (1940); Trissie Maude Landelius (1954)
- b. Rök 1866: v40051.b24.s43
- hous. 1866-1886 Rök: v28836.b14.s7(1866-1871); v28837.b17.s6(1871-1875); v28838.b16.s7(1876-1880); v28839.b15.s6(1881); Väderstad: v27227.b52.s40(1882-1883); Järstad: v26168.b95.s177(1883-1886)
- cens. 1920-1940: 1920; 1940
- cens. 1920-1940
- icon-camera Portrait of couple from Northwest Arkansas Times 16/1 1947.