Augusta Landelius & Gustaf Erickson
1. Gustaf Adolf Eriksson/Erickson (15/7 1853 – after 1900) (m. 29/10 1882 in Ekeby)
icon-home Son of Erik J. Fredriksson & Stina Maja Samuelsdotter
Farm manager, farmer
icon-globe Emigrated to Colorado together
At least 9 children – Founders of the C1b branch
icon-user 2. John Peterson (1863 – after 1910)
Augusta grows up in a very poor family living in the crofter’s hut Björnkullen on the grounds of the farm Biskopstorp in Rök parish in Swedish Östergötland. As a young girl she is in service in the household of royal hunter (kronjägare) Lars Erik Norström in Södra Djurledet in V. Tollstad församling from 1875. The year after that she moves to Särtzöga Lillgård in Svanhals parish, but 1877 she returns to Biskopstorp in order to serve at the main farm for a year.
Having completed her service there, she moves to Sillekullen in Rinna parish, where her father had lived in 1842. However, within a year she has moved on to Appuna Södra Mellangård in Appuna parish.
1881 she moves to Kalvestad in Strå parish, where she meets the farm manager Gustaf Adolf Eriksson (son of Erik J. Fredriksson and his wife Stina Maja Samuelsdotter) from Appuna, who lives at Götevi Manor in Ekeby parish. She moves there the day before their marriage in 1882. They settle in the cottage Smedhem in the manor grounds.
They have at least 9 children together.
- 1. Axel Verner Eriksson (15/9 1883 – 17/12 1883)
- 2. Klara Agneta Erickson (27/9 1884 – before 1900)
- 3. Karl David Erickson (5/4 1886 – before 1900)
- 4. Johan Albert Ireneus Erickson (16/5 1888 – after 1900)
- 5. Thekla/Teckla Sofia Erickson (15/5 1890 – after 1900)
- 6. John Ivar Erickson (13/5 1892 – after 1920)
- 7. Alvin Erickson (1895 – after 1920)
- 8. Walter Oscar Erickson (1898 – 1934)
- Esther Maud Ennis
- 9. icon-female Bessie Erickson (1900 – after 1910)
In 1892 the couple moves to the cottage Långstorp in the grounds of Öringe Manor, but in November that year they choose to emigrate to Colorado with all of their children, who are then given the name Erikson.
In 1900 they live on a farm in Prairie Township near Fayetteville in Washington county, Arkansas (see source), where the son Albert works on his father’s farm as a farm labourer.
In 1905, Gustaf Adolf is no longer with them, and Augusta has married another Swede, the farmer John Peterson, who had immigrated in 1880. The youngest daughter, Bessie, spends some time with her uncle Henry Peterson and his Finnish wife Amelia in Bronx, New York, but in 1910 she is back with her mother.
It is a short marriage, for in 1920 she is once again alone with her children and two grandchildren. The family has moved to Westville across the border in easternmost Oklahoma icon-map-marker. Augusta herself has become the farm manager, with her son Walter working on the farm, while John works at an oil field and Alvin is a blacksmith.
Augusta dies in Fort Collins, Colorado in 1949 and is buried in Grandview Cemetery there.
- name (others’ spellings): Augusta Sofia (1857-1875); Pig. Aug. Sof. Landelius (1875); Pig. Aug. Sofia Landelius (1876); Piga/Pig./P. Augusta Sofia Landelius (1876-1882); Pig. Augusta Sof. Landelius (1878-1880); Augusta Sofia Landelius (1882-1892); Agusta Erikson (1900); Agusta Peterson (1910); Augusta Peterson (1920); Augusta Erickson (1949)
- namn (others’ spellings): Gustaf Adolf Eriksson (1882-1892); Rättaren/Rätt. Gustaf Adolf Eriksson (1882-1892); Gustaf Eriksson (1884-1888); Gust. Adolf Eriksson (1890); Arb. Gust. Adolf Eriksson (1892); Gustaf Erikson (1900)
- namn (others’ spellings): John Peterson (1910)
- b. Rök 1857: v40049.b52.s95
- m. Ekeby 1882: v37223.b111.s215
- hous. 1857-1892 Rök: v28834.b19.s15(1857-1861); v28835.b16.s5(1861-1866); v28836.b14.s7(1866-1871); v28837.b17.s6(1871-1875); V. Tollstad: v26979.b56.s49(1875); v26980.b47.s40(1876); Svanshals: v29340.b156.s149(1876-1877); Rök: v28838.b13.s4(1877-1878); Rinna: v28678.b241.s230(1878); Appuna: v24029.b47.s48(1878-1880); v24030.b45.s77(1880-1881); Strå: v29275.b115.s96(1881-1882); Ekeby: v25392.b231.s222(1882); v25392.b238.s229(1882-1883); v25394.b246.s230(1884-1892); v25395.b319.s668(1892)
- hous. 1882-1892
- cens. 1900-1920: 1900; 1910; 1920
- cens. 1900
- cens. 1910
- children b. Ekeby: v37220.b144(1883); v37220.b155(1884); v37220.b170(1886); v37221.b9(1888); v37221.b30(1890); v37221.b52(1892)
- children d. Ekeby: v37230.b87(1883)